Friday, June 22, 2012

EAEEAE: Edgar and Annie's Excellent Epic Adventure to England


Edgar and Annie’s Excellent Epic Adventure to England (EAEEAE).

While you are reading this today (assuming all has gone well), Edgar and I are now in sunny England. As The Bridge was going to the printers on Wednesday evening, Edgar and I were arriving at Heathrow Airport, 6.35am London time.

Tomorrow (Saturday) we will be attending Royal Ascot to see Black Caviar in her international debut, racing in front of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in the 1200m Diamond Jubilee Stakes.
Hopefully I will have found a suitable hat to compliment my frock.

Max, Sam and Henry had suggested I take my Moulamein Races bucket hat. The idea appealed to me because on the plus side, a Moulamein Races bucket hat would travel exceedingly well. However on the minus side, it may not be quite within the dress standards at Royal Ascot… perhaps if I attached a wide ribbon in Black Caviar’s racing silks colours of salmon pink with black polka dots?

Last week I successfully managed to spend a good deal of my time in a state of denial and procrastination. With Edgar in hospital with a sore toe I genuinely thought the EAEEAE might turn into The Greatest Adventure… That Almost Happened.

If it were not for the unswerving dedication of all the team at the Barham Hospital and Community Health, in particular Angie and our very patient doctors this excellent epic adventure may never have eventuated.

It took me until Sunday afternoon to emerge from denial and bask in that warm fuzzy feeling that is optimism; by Sunday night my bag was packed (sort of). As I type this it is Monday afternoon (18th June) and I can tell you all unequivocally that I will breathe a sigh of relief when we board the QANTAS flight QF9 tomorrow afternoon… and I sink down onto my very own business class seat. Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment